Don't let the difficulties of the present moments overshadow the reality of God's promises. God's promises still stand. And God's promises are stronger than our failures.

Thursday, August 7, 2008

More Things To Laugh About, Or Not

1. A 2 year old caught just as she is about to give her baby a bath in the toilet and who has the most innocent expression on her face - what? I'm not supposed to do this?

2. A 7 year old who replies to all instruction with, "Gotcha!"

me: Would you please pick up your toys?

her: Gotcha!

me: Please don't scream at your sister.

her: Gotcha!

me: If you're going to sew you have to be in a chair alone because otherwise you might poke the needle in someone's eye (like mine!)

her: Gotcha!

3. A 2 year old who wears her Grandpa completely out by having him put her on the top of the water slide instead of climbing up herself - over and over and over and over.

4. A 7 year old who carries her purse constantly, even to bed.

5. A 2 year old who, when being "watched" by her grandpa, gets the tv remote control and attempts to put it in the toilet.

6. A 7 year old who keeps saying "something stinks" referring to her sister because she thinks it's funny.

7. Cousins who play so hard for so long that they sleep until 10:00 in the morning.

11 comments:

em's scrapbag said...

Aren't kids great!!! Never a dull moment.

Grammy Staffy said...

ahhh.....sweet...sweet....sweet

they make me laugh too

Calamity Jane's Cottage, Bonnie said...

Thanks for bringing laughter to us Marlene. It makes me want to go pick up mine.
Hugs,
Bonnie

Alexandra MacVean said...

hahahaaha....you are too cute!
Hope you had a good day.
*hugs*

Eve said...

I think that is the cutest thing I have read all day. "Gotcha! : ) I love it. What sweet babies.

Lelia Chealey said...

From one Grandma to another...oh good Lord, at 37 I never thought I'd say that...anyway, this and the last post---absolutely adorable!!
Thanks for well needed smile!

Dandelion Quilts said...

Marlene, your grandkids are always good for a smile! Too cute.

Tracy P. said...

At my house "gotcha!" would mean "I acknowledge that I heard a sound coming from your general direction just now." Those are so fun.

Anonymous said...

So cute! Makes me wish I'd written down more of what my girls said when they were little.

Anonymous said...

Marlene,

These are adorable kids!!! I am glad you are writing down their funny antics. :) I enjoy reading them!

MARCIE said...

Thanks for the laugh. Aren't kids great? They figure it all out so young these days.