Don't let the difficulties of the present moments overshadow the reality of God's promises. God's promises still stand. And God's promises are stronger than our failures.

Friday, October 24, 2008

Finished by Friday - Just a Little



I thought I'd show you Frank after I put the orange border on him. It's hard to see in this picture but the border has black spiders and spider webs on it. I put magnets on the back and he's guarding my refrigerator. If you remember I machine appliqued him onto a black plaid tea towel so there's no backing or quilting to this. The border I sewed on the front, flipped over and sewed onto the back. It's a simple piece but the grandkids will like him.


This is a free redwork pattern from Lynette Anderson. She has a lot of free designs that are really cute and I've done a couple of them now. She's doing a Noah's Ark Block of the Month that I love and hope to do at some point. I made a small wallhanging with this piece and plan to hang it on my bathroom door. I use the glue and iron method of sewing binding on that Sharon Schamber demonstrates on Youtube and did a demo on that at my guild meeting this month.



I made progress on a couple of other things this week but no other finishes. I'm hoping to really get into the sewing room next week though so watch out! If have a couple of things that just need a little done so maybe I'll have more to show you then.

21 comments:

Michelle said...

Very Very cute!

Amelia said...

Frank appears to be friendly...and I am sure the g.children will get a chuckle out of him.

The red work is outstanding...looks like you put alot of time in on it.

Take care and enjoy the day.

Anonymous said...

Frank looks great! Love the wall hanging too.

Lena . . . said...

Love the pieces. I have "time to sew" envy. This past six months hasn't allowed much of that for me, but I'm planning a sewing bash here very shortly. I'm SO looking forward to it.

Unknown said...

I really love both peices but I am partial to toile and red together. I am working on a similar frame up piece.

Marlene

molly said...

I have pieces of a Glinda the good witch and a medieval knight cut out just waiting to be stitched up. I'd better get on it this w.e. as they need to be in the mail by Monday! I need more hours in the day, or better time management skills! Love your two little projects. And I have serious Aubirdwoman quilt envy!!

Quilter Going Bananas said...

I just love Frank!! I'm glad he's got a job guarding the fridge. The idea of the rickrack on your stitchery gives it a special something, very nice! cheers, QGB

Sue said...

Marlene,
I got the pattern for the pennyrug at this site
http://www.patchpieces.com/Applique.html
I know yours will be BEAUTIFUL! I want to do a quilt (wall hanging). I'd love a Christmas design (EASY). Have any ideas for a beginner???

Calamity Jane's Cottage, Bonnie said...

Frank turned out so handsome, I don't have a lot to show this week either. I did finish my angel swap, yea!! I'm so glad you mentioned about the glue and iron method.
Have a great weekend,
Bonnie

Amy a.k.a. dragonryder4 said...

Oh Marlene, I love the Redwork and Frank is way to cute :)
Hugs,
Amy

Myra said...

A great Frank you got there! 8-)
Cute stitcheries...will have to go for a look-see at Lynette Anderson's. Thanks for the link!
Happy stitchings!

Rhondi said...

Hi Marlene
I just wanted to let you know I amhaving a giveaway. Hope you'll stop by.
hugs, rhondi

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

HI Marlene,

LOve Frank - I can imagine the delight on the kiddos faces when they see him!

I'llhave to check out that video too!

Have a great weekend!

Val said...

Oh I love both of these! I want to learn how to do this so bad. You have inspired me again!

Salem Stitcher said...

I love the orange border and the spiders. Frank is very cute!

Marie Rayner said...

Your Frank has turned out to be soooo cute!!! Adorable! I love redwork. I could decorate my whole house in it. I wish I had the time to do some of it myself.

Aunt Julie said...

Wow, you are one talented gal! I need to get you and Aunt Julie, my SIL who makes the quilts, together...Cyberspace speaking, of course! BTW, don't forget that we're starting a Great New Pop'rs Halloween Giveaway at my place today...22 different, fun prizes. Come play, today!

Anonymous said...

My, that Frank is one cool dude ;D

Jacquie said...

Frank is lookin' good!

I tagged you on my blog, Marlene.

Have a great weekend!

Karen said...

Frank is my kind of guy!

Misty said...

Your redwork wall hanging is very sweet! I really like the fabric you used as a border for it!

I've been wanting to try redwork for a while now. I'm hoping to get started on a wall hanging after the holidays.

Best wishes,

Misty