Don't let the difficulties of the present moments overshadow the reality of God's promises. God's promises still stand. And God's promises are stronger than our failures.

Friday, October 2, 2009

The Last Day




On the last day of our time in the Rockies we saw God. We saw him in the golden Aspens.


And on the misty mountains.



He stood with us on the overlooks peering into the valleys.




He smiled at the tenacity of a tree bravely growing out of solid rock.





And He made swirls in the rocks and the snow.





He spread both arms wide saying all this I made for you.











From the frozen lakes...









to the greens and yellows....
















and the azure sky.



He showed us the gentle slopes











and the mass of color











set atop trunks of white and gray.

















He gave us breathtaking views as we drove.








He laughed at the playful trout,



















and chuckled at the ones who patiently lay in the current waiting for food to come to them.















They thought they were hiding, but He saw them.














He rested by the lakes,




















and He walked in the grass.











He looked at His creation and said "It is good."











18 comments:

Michelle said...

Awesome post, Marlene. Thank you for sharing the beautiful pictures of God's world.
be blessed,
Michelle

Osage Bluff Quilter said...

I always wanted to see the Aspen's when they are golden . . . some day.
Thanks for sharing have a safe trip home.

em's scrapbag said...

Stunning! HE is an amazing artist!

Tracy P. said...

WOW, Marlene, that is so beautiful. I'm loving your new camera!! :-) Our God is beyond words!

Calamity Jane's Cottage, Bonnie said...

Marlene, your pictures and writing on this post is so beautiful. Dad would always call the Rockies God's Country for its beauty.
Little Eli is in my prayers, he is so cute.
Please have a safe journey home,
Hugs Bonnie

Marie Rayner said...

Beautiful post Marlene. I think joy comes when you are able to see God in everything that surrounds you. From the smallest to the largest. I just love all that He has blessed us with.

Teresa said...

Beautiful pictures and thank you for the reminder that we have a majestic God. My more recent grandson is an "Eli" too, hope your Eli is doing well.

Jody Blue said...

It is good! Thanks for sharing, what a treat!

Mary L. Briggs said...

Oh Marlene, it's all soooo beautiful!! I'm so glad you shared these pictures with us! Have a safe trip!

Juryizstillout said...

Wow, thanks for all these...God is the Ultimate Artist and Quilter!

Love Bears All Things said...

Beautiful photos. Yes, I am closer to God in nature. Just watching the National Park series last week, I wondered to myself, how anyone could doubt the presence of the Creator when they view His wonders.
Mama Bear

Stickhorsecowgirls said...

Beautiful!! Thanks for the tour! C

Salem Stitcher said...

How wonderful is that?! Take my breath away! Thank you for sharing!

Meggie Marchstives@gmail.com said...

See, I knew that the Colorado Rockies wouldn't go away or change so much that I wouldn't recognize them. Amazing pictures you shared with us. Thank you.

And as for Baby Eli, prayer is something we should offer first. HE never makes mistakes. HE has a purpose for this little one that will be revealed when the time is right. No. Strike that. When the time is perfect. I will pray. And the Holy Spirit will understand by delivering and translating my/our meager prayers into his care. Blessings on you and your whole family.

Alice Grace said...

How beautiful! I wish everyone could see Him in His wonderful creations like that! I loved this post!

Tipper said...

Your pictures are AMAZING!!

Val said...

I am behind in reading blogs and boy I have enjoyed this post. The pictures are gorgeous. Thanks for leting us visit these beautiful places with you.

Val said...

I forgot to add the most important thing so here I am again....God is so good.