Don't let the difficulties of the present moments overshadow the reality of God's promises. God's promises still stand. And God's promises are stronger than our failures.

Saturday, July 28, 2012

Cute Fabric! And Passing Thoughts

Last week I found this cute panel (the center portion of the top) called Down Under (by Henry Glass).  I added a few borders and ended up with this.


I have no idea who's getting this one but I bet when it's quilted there will be someone who claims it.  :)

I packed up my sewing machine and everything for quilting that I brought with me except for my hand stitching today.  We finish up this mission trip next Friday and will head home right after breakfast.  It's always a bittersweet time and this year more than other times.  We've decided to switch the time we come to volunteer at the mission from June and July to February.  That means we won't see the "regulars" who come every summer any more.  This is the third summer we've worked here and the kids who come have grown up before our eyes - it's so easy to see that when you only see them once a year.  We've met some wonderful people and made some good friends and I know that we may not see them again until we meet in Heaven.  I'll miss their sweet presence in my life.

It rained again here today.  I don't think we've missed more than three or four days having rain since we got here the first of June.  Everything here is waterlogged.  And at my house in Arkansas the ground is dry and cracking, the grass crackles when you walk on it, and the poor bugs and animals are constantly seeking water.  I wish I could send some of this back home.

There's a Christmas Blog Hop beginning Monday - I'm not participating in this one but I'm excited about seeing all the Christmas blocks everyone is creating.  For a schedule click on the blog name and it will take you to Lesley's blog, The Cuddle Quilter.
Later in the fall I'm going to be hosting a blog hop - I don't have all the information yet but watch for it!  I've never hosted one before so I'm a bit nervous, but I bet it's going to be fun.  :)

11 comments:

Sherrill said...

I see "King's Cross" on your sidebar..have you read "The Prodigal God"? Never thought about the parable that way.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Every time I see one of your cute quilts made with a panel, I mean to go look thru my collection - yet to do! Have a safe trip home.

Gail said...

I'm thinking that quilt will have no problem finding a loving home.

Still dry here, too.

Linda Lee said...

Have a safe trip. Your little quilt to so adorable. Thank you for your dedication and service at the mission!

FarahLin said...

Lovely quilt top - love the adorable print! i'm sure it'll be cherished for a long time. Have a safe trip

Belinda said...

What a cute quilt!! I too wish you could bring some of that water to Arkansas!! Have a safe trip!!

Terry said...

That panel made an adorable little quilt! Have a safe trip home! :0)

Carrie P. said...

very cute top.
yes, it is dry at our house too. We are having to water our garden by hand.
I am part of the hop on Wednesday. Can't wait to see what you will host.

Lois Evensen said...

What a darling quilt!

Barb said...

What a cute panel.

Wow, you mission trip went fast, well for me it did....

Gmama Jane said...

Marlene, your precious blanket would be very loved and appreciated in your local hospital or NICU unit! They are always in such need of blankets! Safe travels my friend!
Blessings
Gmama Jane